The Lincoln Carnegie Library is governed by a Library
Board of Trustees appointed by the Mayor of the City of Lincoln and
approved by the City Council. The Board consists of eight members
who act cooperatively to oversee Library operations, finances, polices, and
continuing development of the library. Board members serve
four-year terms and must reside within city limits.
meetings are held on the second Tuesday at
the library. You are invited to attend.
Library Board meetings are held on the second Tuesday at the library. You are invited to attend.
2017 - 2018 Library Board Members:
Kathy Moss, President
Karen Jeffers, Vice-President
Patrisha Street, Treasurer
Sharon Luck, Secretary
Travis Schwerdtfager, City Mayor
Responsibilities of the Board of Trustees include:
- selecting and hiring a qualified Library Director
- ensuring that the Library has funds and a budget
- developing (with the Library Director) written policies, long and short range plans, and wage classifications
- knowing local, state, and federal laws that pertain to libraries
- attending monthly board meetings and other events