Lincoln Carnegie Library Annual Report 2013
2013 HIGHLIGHTS & HAPPENINGS
- Purchased a new Microfilm Reader with a grant from the WEB Fund, memorial money and donations. The Library has Lincoln County newspapers on microfilm from 1873 to 2010.
- With labor and funding from the City, the book return was moved to the parking lot entrance and turned into a Drive Up Book Return.
- Joined a consortium of Libraries in offering eBooks and Audio Books available 24/7 by downloading from www.sunflowerelibrary.org.
- Began offering monthly movies and classes for adults. Classes were held on various crafts and genealogy.
- Weekly visits by the LEAP kids to play games, do crafts, and read. They checked out 849 books.
STATS AT A GLANCE
- The Library houses 12,361 books, 938 movies, and 71 audio books.
- 10,177 visitors checked out 11,705 books, 3,213 movies, and 356 audio books. 1,646 books and movies were borrowed from other Libraries and 1,084 of our items were loaned to other Libraries.
- Patrons logged on to the Library’s 3 computers 1,313 times. Others used their own laptops to tap into the wireless connection.
- The Library has 915 cardholders.
- Offered 43 story time programs to preschoolers with a total attendance of 598.
- Sponsored a summer reading program for all ages. 108 kids, 14 teens and 40 adults participated.
- Emailed a bimonthly newsletter to 460 patrons.
2013 Income 2014 Budget
Income from City, System and State $44,181 $46,410
2013 Expenses 2014 Budget
Programs $926.91 $840
Collection Development $5,159.33 $1,750
Personnel $34,767.86 $36,197.42
Supplies $648.74 $642.58
Building/Equipment $1,245.48 $1,235
Insurance $2,166 $2,170
Utilities $1,546.45 $2,300
Operations $1,348.04 $1,275
LIBRARY BOARD OF TRUSTEES AND STAFF
Anne Grace, President
Kathy Moss, Vice President
Lynne Metz, Secretary
Gerald Philbrick, Treasurer
Terry Broberg, Member
Karen Jeffers, Member
Patrisha Street, Member
Nancy Jensen, Director
Mary Andersen, Children’s Librarian